3 hurt in Ashulia RMG fire

0
53
Print Friendly, PDF & Email

At least three locals were injured when they were helping the firemen in dousing a fire that raged through a garment factory in Ashulia of the capital this morning.

 

The identities of the victims, who sustained minor injuries, could not be known immediately, reports our Savar correspondent.

 

The fire that initiated around 7:15am however was brought under control after a hectic effort of two and a half hours, said Sabbir Ahmed, station officer of Savar EPZ Fire Service and Civil Defence Office.

 

Three units from different fire service office including EPZ managed to douse the fire with the help of locals and army personnel around 9:45am, Ahmed added.

 

The fire started at the fifth floor of six-storey Bangla-Japan Trading Ltd building in Unique area of Ashulia and spread to the sixth floor, Ahmed added.

 

The fire might have originated from an electric short circuit, Nixon Sarkar, a merchandising officer of the garment, told The Daily Star adding that when they pressed the switch of electric board, they saw a spark.

 

Some officials of the garment factory came to the office as they were scheduled to hold a meeting at 7:30am there, he added.

শেয়ার করুন